CLICK HERE to schedule your free initial phone consultation with our attorneys.

Assisting You to Meet Your Business Needs Dedicated Attorneys Pursuing Your Best Interests

Non-Immigrant Employment Visas in Los Angeles

Obtain a Work Visa in Southern California

Non-immigrant visas allow foreign nationals to stay in the U.S. for a finite period of time. This is the preferred visa for professionals who need to stay in the U.S. for a limited time for their work. A temporary employment-based visa allows a U.S. employer to hire an immigrant for a specific job for a limited amount of time.

Common non-immigrant employment visas:

  • H-1B – For immigrants filling “specialty occupations”. This Visa lasts for three years with eligibility for a three-year extension (six years total).
  • E-2 – For investors with substantial investments to work in the U.S. The visa must be renewed every two years but there is no limit on how many times it can be renewed.
  • O-1 – A nonimmigrant visa for those with "extraordinary abilities" in the arts, sciences, education, athletics, business, or the television or motion picture industry. Applicants must meet stringent requirements and be nationally or internationally recognized in their field.
  • L-1A & L-1B – For foreign employees who are employed by U.S. entities, or entities related to U.S. employers, that need to temporarily work in the U.S. This visa lasts for up to three years. An L-1B via can be extended for up to five years, while a L-1A can be extended for up to seven years.

Call (877) 227-9714 to schedule a free initial in-person consultation with a knowledgeable immigration lawyer in Los Angeles or the San Francisco Bay Area.

Drawbacks of a Temporary Work Visa

If you are an immigrant, a temporary employment work visa can be restrictive. These arrangements typically require you to work for the employer who petitioned for your visa for the duration of your stay, meaning you have limited ability to change jobs. If you are looking for a more long-term, flexible arrangement, an employment visa or employment-based green card would better suit your situation.

We Can Help You Find the Best Visa For Your Situation

Trying to figure out the numerous immigration laws in a foreign country can be difficult to say the least. At the Law Firm of Anish Vashistha, APLC we guide our clients through every step of the immigration process, whether they wish to stay temporarily for work or are hoping to gain citizenship. Initial consultations are offered at no charge.

Call us today at (877) 227-9714 to schedule an in-person meeting with an experienced immigration attorney in the Bay Area or Los Angeles at no charge.

Turn to the Law Firm of Anish Vashistha

Solutions-Oriented. Successful Results.
  1. Board-Certified Immigration Attorney
  2. OVer 1,000 Cases Handled
  3. Multilingual Staff
  4. Cutting-Edge Legal Tactics
  5. No Nickel & Diming
  6. All Canadian-Law Matters Handled In-House
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.