CLICK HERE to schedule your free initial phone consultation with our attorneys.

Meeting All Your Business-Immigration Needs Dedicated Attorneys Pursuing Your Best Interests

Business Visa Lawyer in Los Angeles

Obtain a Business or Investor Visa

Business transactions often see visitors from abroad spending extended time in the U.S. while representing their company. Trying to obtain citizenship or extended visa is typically an impractical process for a visitor who is only in the country for business purposes. In these cases, it is recommended that you apply for a business or investor visa.

There are several types of business visas, which can make the application process slightly more complicated. Our lawyers serving Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area can review your situation and help you apply for the visa that best meets your needs. We regularly assist clients with E-2, L-1, and EB-5 visas, amongst others.

Click here to schedule a free, initial, phone consultation at our firm.

Owning a Business in the U.S.

The most common visa for investors is the E-2 visa. Unlike other visas that simply allow you to conduct business matters in the United States, an E-2 visa allows you to own and operate your own small business or franchise. Though they are generally issued for two to five year periods, E-2 visas can be renewed indefinitely, so long as the business in question produces “more than enough” income to support the investor and his or her family.

An E-2 visa allows you to:

  • Own a small business in the U.S.
  • Invest in real estate in the U.S.
  • Retire in the U.S.
  • Remain in the U.S. indefinitely
  • Bring your spouse and children (under the age of 21) with you

E-2 visas allow an individual to remain in the U.S. as long as the original investor oversees the investment. Though they, like other types of business/investor visas, are not immigration visas, an E-2 visa can allow you to establish yourself in the United States before pursuing other avenues to citizenship.

L-1 & EB-5 Visas

Our firm can assist you with other types of business and investor visas to suit your needs. Along with E-visas, our attorney regularly helps clients with L-1 and EB-5 visas. An L-1 visa is one that allows an individual to come to the U.S. to work for the same employer (or its affiliate) in a management or executive role. L-1 visa holders may also continue employment in the U.S. in a specialized knowledge category. Like E-2 visas, an L-1 visa permits holders to eventually seek and obtain legal permanent residence in the United States.

EB-5 visas allow individuals to seek U.S. citizenship by investing at least $1 million in a U.S. business. The business in question must employ at least 10 U.S. employees. Individuals may invest on their own, or they may invest through a third-party intermediary that is approved by the U.S. federal government.

We Can Review Your Situation at No Charge

Figuring out the best visa option for your situation can be difficult, especially if your U.S. business involves investments or large transactions. It’s best not to take any chances. Our immigration lawyers in Los Angeles and the Bay Area offer free consultations. We can review your case and help you get started on your business visa application.

Call (877) 227-9714 or click here to arrange a free initial consultation with our legal team.

Turn to the Law Firm of Anish Vashistha

Solutions-Oriented. Successful Results.
  1. Board-Certified Immigration Attorney
  2. Over 1,000 Cases Handled
  3. Multilingual Staff
  4. Cutting-Edge Legal Tactics
  5. No Nickel & Diming
  6. All Canadian-Law Matters Handled In-House
  • Please enter your name.
  • This isn't a valid email address.
    Please enter your email address.
  • This isn't a valid phone number.
    Please enter your phone number.
    You entered an invalid number.
  • Please select an option.
  • Please enter a message.